Thursday 26 May 2011

My Favourite Quote

"We are not nouns, we are verbs. I am not a thing - an actor, a writer - I am a person who does things - I write, I act - and I never know what I am going to do next. I think you can be imprisoned if you think of yourself as a noun."
— Stephen Fry

I really love this quote because it just seems so true, and, of course, Stephen Fry is such an epic, insanely intelligent being. I think people like to categorise themselves as 'The Artist' or 'The Nerd' and play up to this false generalisation, which limits all of the things that they could actually achieve if they could just let themselves. You don't have to be 'The Nerd' to get A*s and you don't have to be 'The Popular Kid' to be confident around others. People are far more complex than they give themselves credit for and they (or rather, we) should let all aspects of ourselves shine, or at least give them a chance to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that actually makes a lot of sense, but then again Mr Fry is a VERY smart guy!

    ReplyDelete